A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
- .AspNet.ApplicationCookie: An authentication cookies used for logging in and out.
- __RequestVerificationToken: ASP.NET anti forgery token (prevent CSRF attack). It guarantees that the poster is the one who gets the form.
- .ASPXANONYMOUS: A cookie used by ASP.Net to track anonymous user sessions
- MachineKey: Configures algorithms and keys to use for encryption, decryption, and validation of forms-authentication data and view-state data, and for out-of-process session state identification.
- CustomerSessionGUID – Used to see if customer has existing session. Stores customer ID, last accessed date and if the customers session is expired or now.
- SERVERID – Identifies which web server the user is using. Used for sticky sessions on load balancer.
- CONSENT: Google's user cookie consent
- NID: The NID cookie contains a unique ID Google uses to remember your preferences and other information, such as your preferred language (e.g. English), how many search results you wish to have shown per page (e.g. 10 or 20), and whether or not you wish to have Google’s SafeSearch filter turned on.
- CartId: A guid used to represent Cart Id
- Email: Customer email, for remembering user's choice "Remember Me" at login screen.
- RememberMe: Cokie value (true/false) to remember user's selection for "Remember Me".
- NewRelic - Used to track site performance
- _gid: Google analytics used to dustinguish users.
- _ga – Numerous google analytics features.
- net - Used for advertising (google)
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
• whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
• if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to Calderdesigns (UK) Ltd, 84 High Street, Stalham, NR12 9AU.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.